I have always read frequently and widely, a habit which I acquired from my youth, it stems from a belief (taught to me by my mother) that reading is one of the primary ways of self-improvement, and that self-improvement should be a preoccupation of those who desire to excel.
This is my own curated reading list for Q1 of 2020.
- Stealing Fire, by Steven Kotler
- Life 3.0, by Max Tegmark
- Growing a Revolution, by David Montgomery
- Why We Sleep, by Matthew Walker
- Designing Data Intensive Applications, by Martin Kleppmann
- Grokking Algorithms, by Aditya Bhargava
- Code, by Charles Petzold
- The Pragmatic Programmer, by David Thomas
- Test Driven Development, by Harry Percival
- So Good They Can't Ignore You, by Cal Newport
All of the above books are in my possession and not on some wishlist (lol).